- 30 g. grapeseed oil (about 2 tablespoons)
- 10 g. sesame oil (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1½ tablespoons crushed red pepper
- ½ tablespoons ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoons Chinese five-spice blend
- 1 pound raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and spice and stir to distribute evenly. Add almonds and stir to coat. Cook until almonds begin to darken slightly and mixture is fragrant, stirring frequently, about 10-15 minutes.
Transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and let cool completely.
Per 31 g. serving (about ¼ cup): 182 calories, 16.5 g. fat, 1.2 g. saturated fat, 3.9 g. poly. fat, 10.8 g. mono. fat, 145.3 mg. sodium, 6 g. carbohydrates, 3 g. fiber, 6 g. protein