“You’ve come to understand the difficulties of serving royalty.”
—Basch fon Ronsenburg, FFXII
- 4 14-oz. cans of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (6 oz.)
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly-grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Cholula or Tapatio are recommended)
- ½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- Warm baguette or crackers, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the artichokes, jalapeno, garlic, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and hot sauce. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for about 15 minutes, until hot.
Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese. Broil for about 2 minutes, until browned in spots and bubbly. Serve immediately with sliced baguette.