“Tifa always lets me taste her cooking. And look at me now, I’m rolly-polly. Don’t know whether I should be happy or sad. But it’s the good food and drinks that make this shop famous.”
- 2 to 2.5 lbs. uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, washed, dried, and cut into strips
- 6 medium russet potatoes (about 2 lbs.), scrubbed and cut into ¼” – ½” wedges lengthwise
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Dipping sauce, prepared at least 1 hour in advance (choose one from the recipes below)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Soak potatoes in bowl of hot water for 10 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain, pat dry, and return to dry bowl. Pour oil over potatoes, and toss to coat.
Arrange potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake on the lower oven rack for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden on the bottom. Turn, and bake 20 minutes more, or until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, coat a second baking sheet with cooking spray. Add chicken to the bowl and toss with the remaining oil. Arrange chicken in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turn the strips over, and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Season potatoes and chicken with salt and freshly-ground pepper. Serve with one of the dipping sauces below. (Make the dipping sauce at least an hour in advance and refrigerate, so the flavors can blend.)
Makes 6 servings (about 4 oz. chicken, 2½ oz. potatoes, and ¼ c. dipping sauce per serving).
Rooster Dipping Sauce:
- 1½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
Honey-Dijon Dipping Sauce:
- 1 c. honey
- 1 c. hot Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Wasabi-Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- 1 packet ranch dip mix
- 14 oz. Greek yogurt, or 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. powdered wasabi
- 2 tbsp. minced chives