“Thanks for the support, but I never miss my target.”
—Irvine Kinneas, FFVIII
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ yellow onion, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 2 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (about ¾ cup)
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- Refried beans, heated (optional)
In a small bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, salt, and salsa, and set aside.
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeno, onion, and tortillas, and cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
Pour the eggs into the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are almost cooked (still a little wet, but not liquidy). Add the cheese and tomato and stir to combine.
Remove from heat and serve with hot sauce and refried beans, if desired.